Trenython Manor's Family Fun Weekend is the latest addition to the Fowey Festival of Words and Music (what was the Du Maurier Festival).
The special weekend activities included:
- willow weaving with Ways With Willow
- den building
- nature walks
- pop-up book workshop
- musical performances
- a film showing of PROJECT WILD THING
- conservation and wildlife displays
- meeting popular children’s book authors, learning what inspires them and where they work
- ‘how to’ – camp fire making and cooking/ kite making/ create a bug hotel
- developing Haiku short woodland inspired poems!RA
Trenython Manor's Family Fun Weekend brought together a host of local businesses and organisations to create a great weekend of outdoor activities that are 'Inspired by Nature'.
Friends of Par Beach are a local volunteer group who do great things to preserve, enhance and promote the local beach at the village of Par in St Austell Bay.
National Trust Rangers with their dog and their Tipi... cooking hand made bread on an open fire and offering tips and advice about surviving outdoors.
Storm the eagle, part of the Ancient Art Falconry display at Trenython Manor's Family Fun Weekend.